Monday, July 27, 2009

Hooah and Amen!

I was privileged to attend to very different services yesterday. The first was at my home church in PA. The age rang is diverse, though most of the congregation is 20 and 30 somethings. The dress code is from jeans to dresses. Tim's sermon started with a video clip from Pirates of the Caribbean and the remainder focused on 1 Corinthians 3. The fellowship was great!


Then last night I attended the new cadet worship service at the Cadet Chapel on West Point. The service consisted of Amy, myself, and about several hundred sweaty, tired, new cadets. It was the first chapel service I’ve been to where the worshipers placed M-4 weapons in the pews next to the kneelers. Instead of Amen, the Soldiers yell Hooah! The Chaplin, dressed in full battle rattle, preached a visual sermon on the armour of God. It was a meaningful and encouraging message to the worn down Soldiers.

It was awesome to participate in two very different services and feel the spirit of God so evident in each. I was struck with how ready the field is and how white it is for the harvest.

1 comment:

Diane Nash said...

That's great! when will you be HOME?

:)